March will begin in one week, and March is Women’s History Month, with International Women’s Day falling on March 8.
So here, courtesy of the U.S. Census Bureau, are some facts and figures about women and motherhood.
- There are 155.8 million females in the United States, compared to 151.8 million males.
- An estimated 82.8 million of these females are mothers.
- About 64.5 million women age 18 and older are married.
- Nearly 60 percent of females age 16 and older have a paying job. That’s some 72 million women.
- The number of stay-at-home mothers in the U.S. is about 5.3 million.